Mechanic’s Institute, 1854, enlarged 1890; later Women’s Institute.
Materials: tooled squared stone and tooled and margined raised quoins; slate roof, coped gables with kneelers, tooled and margined ashlar stepped and corniced stacks.
Two storeys and four bays beneath a pitched roof. The three ground floor windows have raised stone surrounds with broad chamfers, and there is an entrance in a similar surround to the right, fitted with a six-panelled door. The three first floor windows are similar, and there is a smaller round-headed stair window to the right. Between the ground and first floor windows are inscribed panels ‘The Women’s’ and ‘Institute’ flanking a framed tablet with the inscription: ‘ESTABLISHED 1848 ERECTED BY SUBSCRIPTION 1854 AND ENLARGED BY GEORGE J COOKSON 1890’
The building was then gifted to Newbrough Town Hall in 2000. After being vacant for a period of time, the current committee decided to turn it into a small bunkhouse.